A ban is applied mostly by the sniper haha. Once you are banned, you can't access MAL, you won't even be able to check your anime list. MAL has a really poor structure when it comes to bans, so the ban will be in practice permanent and you will have to wait for a mod to unban you when the time comes. Beware fellow MAL users, mods in 2018 have became more salty, and more bitchy. Tread carefully young ones, for those with power will swiftly put you down.
Dealing with your banEdit
Go to the IRC and try to have a mod unlock for you. They most likely won’t. Ardy is ruthless and has taken on the role of neo-sniper. Nolifersoul is ruthless with his ban you’ll never be able to convince him to release you even if you got banned on for something you did few days ago and you haven’t been online until the day you got ban on. Like shit man I spammed on fucking Thursday but you ban me for a week on Sunday like shit man. And I haven’t even been on since Thursday either so like what fuck man.
Ban Length Edit
Each ban gets longer than the last, and it becomes permanent after a number of bans. According to the site forums and guidelines, rule violations will be handled as follows:
- Warning for each “type” of violation
- Ban #1-4 (for each type of “violation”) lasts between 2-5 days. You can try appealing these, but it’s highly unlikely the mods will listen.
- Ban #5: lasts 1 week for repeated offenses that the user was previously banned for. No chance at appealing them. If you couldn’t appeal a two day ban, you’re shit outta luck with a weeklong ban.
- Ban #6: 2 weeks. Good luck getting rid of this one.
- Ban #7: 1 month. Deep down the rabbit hole if you’ve made it this far.
- Ban #8: 38 Years (6 months until appeal). Usually almost no one makes it here, unless they’re using alts or have otherwise been very very naughty. In the case of basement dwelling fags like Alitairus, they earned their permaban, some other permabanned users like trolling through alts.
Sudden (unreasonable) bans. Edit
This occurrence usually happens when a (perma)banned user is using an IP near your proximity. MAL's system is so broken it can't decide whether its you or just goes on a sniping trip. The way websites work is also by tracking device "names" therefore more people with Iphones/Windows operating systems are more likely to get hit with the hammer.
I honestly don't know what the fuck I'm talking about LOL I'm high.
Users with most bans.Edit
- complice - 16 bans (too fucking many with alts probably over 100) (mostly for making alts during ban durations, trolling)
- Zeally - 15 bans (trolling, possibly making alts)
- Red Keys - 14 bans
- Immahnoob- 12 bans (trolling)
- Asap - 11 bans
- shotz - 11 bans
- Feels - 9 bans (15 with alts) (permabanned)
- MechaKiryu- 9 bans
- Lupadim - 8 bans
- Aquamirror - 8 bans (Neonazi, antisemitism, racism, homophonia, insults, baiting, pissing off mods, possibly edgy trolling)
- AllenVonStein - multiple bans (permabanned)
- JD2411- 7 bans
- Kaiser - 6 bans
- Sloth - 5 bans (12 with alts)
- Mclovinballz - 5 bans (7 with alts)
- Nidstang (YolozuyaSwagDad) - 5 bans
- Korrvo - 5 bans
- Dean_Ambrose - 5 bans
- Negative-Travis - 5-6 bans
- Bash 107 - 5 bans (perma'd, yes it only took him 5)
- nicethings - 5-6 bans (trolling, baiting, insults, pissing off mods)
- Swaggernator - multiple bans (unspecified) (racism, homophobia, baiting, pissing off mods)
- Yomiyuki - multiple bans (unspecified) (racism, baiting, pissing off mods)
- Faederwulf - multiple bans (unspecified) (creepy, misogynistic nazi, huge racist, generally disgusting)
- Harshtruth - 4 bans (trolling, insults, pissing off mods)
- ModExecutor1 - multiple bans (unspecified) (insults, pissing off mods) (got his account deactivated)